Why is Veterinary Digital Marketing Important?
Digital marketing is one of the most important things a veterinary clinic or hospital can do to improve their online presence, increase their revenue, and keep up with the competition. But what, exactly, is digital marketing, and what benefits can it offer a veterinary business?
What is Digital Marketing for Veterinary Businesses?
Digital marketing is how businesses attract customers online. While traditional marketing seeks to drive conversions using advertising on TV, radio, or in print, digital marketing uses social media, online advertising, search engines, and more to achieve the same goal.
Veterinarian digital marketing, in particular, primarily involves the following strategies to attract and convert customers:
- Email marketing: Directly emailing people who sign up for a newsletter, or customers who use an online appointment form, to promote veterinary services and deliver news about the practice.
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization): Increasing a website’s rankings on search engines like Google by creating content that targets user searches and interests.
- Content marketing: Creating content like videos, podcasts, and blog posts with the purpose of building value for customers and improving search engine results
- PPC (Pay Per Click): A form of online advertising in which an advertiser only pays when a user clicks on their ad.
There are also other strategies that a veterinary digital marketing agency might recommend, but these are the most common and reliable methods.
Key Benefits of Veterinary Digital Marketing
One of the biggest things that often stops veterinarians from investing in digital marketing is the perception that it doesn’t add any additional value over traditional marketing channels. However, research has shown that:
- Email marketing has an average ROI of 4400%.
- 74% of conversion rate optimization projects increase sales.
- Digital marketing costs an average of 62% less than traditional marketing.
- A search engine is responsible for at least 93% of all online interactions.
- 70% of internet users want to learn about products through content marketing.
- 94% of marketers will regularly advertise using Facebook Marketing.
- SEO leads have a close rate of almost 15%, compared to 1.7% from traditional marketing.
How a Veterinary Digital Marketing Company Can Help
As a veterinary professional, it can be difficult to find the time to work on the business as well as within it. Even for veterinary professionals who have the knowledge of digital marketing and the skills to implement a successful digital marketing strategy, having the time to make that strategy a reality is often an unrealistic goal.
For professionals in this situation, investing in services from a veterinary digital marketing agency can help. With decades of experience in helping veterinary practices to take advantage of the benefits of digital marketing, an agency is the best option for professionals who don’t have the time to take their marketing to the next level.
The experts at the Vet Marketing Agency are on hand to help any veterinary practice elevate their digital marketing. Unlike other digital marketing agencies, we pride ourselves on our rapid response rate and expert knowledge of the veterinary industry. To learn more about the services we offer, send us a message and we’d be delighted to see what we can provide.